Friday 26 January 2018

Decoupaged Notepad

Hello everyone!

This particular project I made especially for Papericious current month's challenge - something old + something new. I have always been in love with upcycled products , infact my crafting started from there. So i really wanted to participate in this.

I had this old notepad lying in my house, which was a gift to my dad. I wanted to use the butterfly decoupage paper since a long time, so atlast got the chance and time to.




First I dismantled the notepad outer covers. The upper cover has outer part in artificial leather material and inner part in velvet material. The lower cover has artificial leather material on the inside and velvet on the outer (the bottom).


Painted with Papericious white heavy gesso on both the leather parts. Used turquoise blue acrylic color on the entire area. Diluted brown acrylic color and did color wash here and there on the sides alone, as the centre part will be covered with the paper.





Then used Mudra stamps (honey comb and script) with archival ink pad and stamped around.
Cut the decoupage paper as much was needed, corner was cut round and the edges were scrapped, then distressed with distress oxide. Used mod podge to decoupage it on the outer cover (outside and inside), that is 3 sides and left the bottom part as it is.
Have kept it simple and not added any embelishments as i will be using it on a daily basis.








Aaanndd, there it is!





Enjoyed making this as it was my first trial on a leather and velvet material.
Will be using this on my table as it gives me a lovely vibe when I look at it.


Products used:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Decoupaged Notepad

Hello everyone! This particular project I made especially for Papericious current month's challenge - something old + something ne...